[pianotech] time factor

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 1 06:16:22 MST 2009

HI Chuck,

THanks for the note, and I appreciate what you posted.  I tune for a piaon mover who simply tells me to just tune the piano and "top it off" which means don't worry about bringing it to pitch because most customers won't know.  I do the pitch raise anyway and a few extra things like dust off some of the inside of the piano, adjust pedals when needed, and customers are thrilled. Two hours or a little more including taking the piano apart and putting it together again.     Two hours to complete a tuning is not bad at all, either, at this stage in your career. I still take a full hour to tune a piano, and I'm in my 4th decade of tuning. It will speed up, but don't try to hurry it. You want to give the customer a tuning they are happy with, not just one that you make the most money for the least amount of time

Thanks again Chuck.

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com