[pianotech] hiring a driver

Mike Kurta mkurta1 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 2 09:53:03 MST 2009

    Marshall:
    I asked your question about hiring and paying a driver to two technician friends who use them.  The first pays $2 per hour (very inexpensive) and 30 cents per mile and buys his lunch.  For Saturday work, he pays $4 per hour plus mileage and lunch.

    The second tech pays $8 per hour and 30 cents per mile.  He also does $22.50 straight per job with certain drivers.  His formula is to pay about 1/4 of what he makes to the driver.  I hope this helps.

    Mike Kurta
    Chicago chapter