[pianotech] Complete piano service, was Workload

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Wed Nov 11 19:46:53 MST 2009

> David, your comments are very interesting, and make me envious!  We
> did have some discussion on here a year or two, about difference in
> prevailing market conditions in different lands/regions.
That's right, and the upshot was, if I remember, that the fuller range
of services you offer in any region or economy the better.

> In order for what you describe to work (which for you it obviously
> does!), there has to be 1) sufficient 'population density' of
> pianos, of decent enough quality to be worth spending the money on,
> and 2) a good enough local economy, and a willingness of piano
> owners with reasonable disposable income, to spend it on the piano.
That's right; that's one of the reasons I choose to live in or near a
major urban area; there's a lot of good players and good pianos and
usually more disposable income.

> Here in the West of Scotland there is a dearth of both!
And I'm sure there are compelling and elegant reasons you have for
living there; my point is that wherever you choose to practice,
offering more than tuning in an artisan, serious atmosphere sets you
apart from the herd, and eventually gets you the great clients that
are there...

> Best regards,
>
> David Boyce.

xo,