[pianotech] Complete piano service, was Workload

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Wed Nov 11 20:35:40 MST 2009

DA,

Right on.  Bruce and List, my experience is that often technicians are
hesitant to try and sell more work, thinking that they will be perceived as
"nickel and diming the client to death."  But if you approach the sale from
an honest, educational perspective, showing the client the details, telling
them what results they can expect, the information is almost universally
well-received.  I agree with DA that EVERY piano I see needs more than
tuning and EVERY client knows what their piano needs to perform at its
best.  I also like to tell clients that I'm not offended or upset if they
choose not to do the work right now.  It's their piano.  But I also tell
them that I DO believe it is very important that they know honestly what
they have and that they know what they can have and what it will cost.
Again, almost universally my clients are happy to have that information
presented to them in a non-confrontational, non-judgemental way.  I'm here
to help, Ma'am.......

William R. Monroe