[pianotech] Kimball Console Action Holddown Screws

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 15 17:34:06 MST 2009

Yes, by all means, anything to lubricate it, Vaseline, VJ Lube and of
course, replace them.  No need for those screws to be 12' long and so tight
you can't get them out let alone back in again. I always dreaded working on
those pianos for that very reason alone.

However, one other thing to try next time around is to use a strong cordless
drill to remove them with a good solid screw head.  I use one that is abou
6" long so I have a little room to play with if the case is in the way or
something else.  It sure beats the heck out of screwing them out by hand and
is 5 times faster.

Jer Groot