[pianotech] Bare feet/germaphobe

David Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 24 19:33:10 MST 2009

I always come late to these interesting discussions... I lived in
Bangkok as a child and am totally cool with going shoeless in someones
house, it is as much a sign of respect as calling an older customer
'sir' or 'ma'am' which doesnt trouble me either and I certainly expect
as much from my children. What bothers me as someone said (Joe g?) is
when there is no bench or place to comfortably remove and replace the
shoes. I usually wear slip ons or even sandals when the weather is dry,
but sometimes I have boots or running shoes especially if I've been in
the shop and it can be a trial to get them on and off without some place
to sit.

--Dave
New Orleans