[pianotech] agraffe prep redux

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Sat Nov 28 14:10:00 MST 2009

That's a very good idea and well worth keeping in our arsenal of  tricks.

In a message dated 11/27/2009 11:17:55 P.M. Central Standard Time,
rnossaman at cox.net writes:

David  Love wrote:
> OK so the question is the contact surface on these  agraffes appear to be
> flat and not radiused.  While I’ve not  looked at them under the
> microscope then do you radius the contact  surface the same way you do
> the normal agraffes?  If so, what  method do you use to radius the
> contact area since you can’t use the  same methods of reaming an enclosed
> surface?

Nope, they're  radiused in the holes. It's just a standard
agraffe cut off about half way  through the hole, with the hole
otherwise unmodified. In fact, if you  could get them to line
up, you could cut the tops off of the agraffes  lower down, use
them in the "capo" section, and have a virgin string  contact
surface to work with, replacing the modified agraffes with  new.

Ron N