[pianotech] VOICING was / Weickert Felt by ROnsen

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Sun Nov 29 10:34:25 MST 2009

Greetings Paul,

         I have been tuning for about 7 years. I first started my venture
in voicing when I had tuned a spinet and it just needed that "something else"
after I was done. I had heard about sugar coating and tried it and found
improvement.

          Later, I was at a PTG regional and attended a voicing class held
by Rodger Jolly. That taught me a heap of stuff; such as where/when to use
longer mm and bigger diameter needles etc.  I would suggest getting into a
like class at a PTG convention, or maybe your chapter or a bordering PTG
chapter has a seminar. Sometimes I get an invitation in the mail. Mere PTG
membership gets your name on such mailing lists. Andre Oorrberck has a new book
which has a CD that I never read, but I would like to get soon. I think that
book sells for $80. Hope this info helps.

Julia Gottshall
Reading, PA

In a message dated 11/18/2009 11:57:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,