[pianotech] wippen

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 29 12:32:45 MST 2009

Hi David,

the birds eye was probably chewed off.  You could see the notch where the center pin rested in the birds eye, so the birds eye looked like a half circle.

So I ordered a schwander wippen from schaff and the flange is totally different.  Why?  DiWas I suppoed to order one made for a Wood Bead Rail?  I'm not sure what a wood bead rail is, a name for a rail or the fact that it's a wood rail verses a metal one.  Anyway, I'm thinking also that just repinning with the original flange will save a headahce in the long run.  thanks Dave Marcel and anyone else I missed for your input.  I do appreciate it very much.

Marshall

I missed what was wrong with the old wippen? In any case if you can repin with the old flange, i.e. it fits, why not. If a grand you can always move the new part to the extremes of the piano...an upright depends on a spoon or lack of one...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA 94044

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service