[pianotech] Young Chang G157 (serial#064353) action spread

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Mon Nov 30 08:16:51 MST 2009

Steve,
  I have not done this repair for awhile so I will let others respond to the
process with young chang.
 I will just say that you definitely have the YC bracket problem. Blocking
hammers is the most noticeable symptom . Sometimes you will see the
regulating dowels falling off the screws from being turned down so low.
Worst case I have seen has the drop screws dragging on the block. Some one
mentioned on list having to break the old brackets just to get the action
out.
 Last thing, Complete regulation will be necessary  in part  due to the
bracket issue but also because of the age of the piano. To my knowledge Y.C.
does not compensate the tech. for this.
Sell the regulation  and this is a nice job for both you and more
importantly the customer.
Best wishes,
Tom Driscoll
Subject: [pianotech] Young Chang G157 (serial#064353) action spread

List,
Do they typically require complete regulation after replacement of parts?
Steve Stokes
AAA Piano Service
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762