[pianotech] business

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Thu Jul 1 17:09:47 MDT 2010

With all the "competition" that most of us have out there, I think we can
pretty much charge what we want. If someone is hungry enough to tune a
square for $85, and if my back hurts just thinking about it, I'll gladly let
the $85 tuner eat today. And if I tried to charge $200 to tune a "regular"
piano, I'd get mighty hungry.

That said, the only work I've ever turned down was either something that's
beyond my capability (concert tuning, pinblock, etc.,)  work that's way far
away, and one person who's quite a distance plus his piano is mediocre
(being kind) and he's a truly bizarre in a very uncomfortable way. And
pianos being mediocre is par for the course on my client list.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN