[pianotech] business

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu Jul 1 23:46:27 MDT 2010

I see, I guess I missed that part of the thread.  FWIW I don’t think one should charge more for tuning a cheap spinet.  What’s the justification?  Honestly, since they often sound bad no matter what you do it’s a less demanding bit of work.  Anyway, I solve the problem by having a basic fee that includes other contingencies.  Meaning it covers tuning and a bit more.  Not likely even a few little problems, even a pitch correction (or the pain of tuning a cheap spinet) will add more to the cost.  I schedule only enough time for what my fee covers and if there’s more to be done then it’s an onsite estimate and another appointment to follow.  Saves the guesswork.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com