[pianotech] pitch raising

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 3 08:26:11 MDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

When you guys talk about pitch raising, I'm curious just to clarify, do you go through a pitch raise in the same sequence as you would tune the pinao, pull up A4 set a quick temperament then do octaves up and then down?  Someone mentioned starting with A 0.  Was this just an example?  The reason I asked is this. I saw a piano tech. tune from a0 to c88 with an edt and then do unisons.  In school we pulled the a slightly sharp and did the pitch raise, and typically it woudl fall on pitch ir we didn't under or over shoot.  So then what method do you guys use to do the pitch raise because if we're talking about going through a regular tuning sequence, is it still possible to do that and have it raisedin in 10 minutes having to insert mutes strip mutes etc.

Marshall
Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com