[pianotech] Raising rates in recession

Piano Boutique pianoboutique at comcast.net
Sat Jul 3 18:32:44 MDT 2010

Susan and others,

I too use the method of tuning up on the middle string.  Down on the right
string taking out the strip.  And tuning up on the left string.

One thing that slows me down is that I back each pin off a bit to relax the
stress at the coil to keep from braking strings.   Don't know if it can be
proven, but it seams to work for me and I have very few broken strings.

I do a pitch raise in 20 to 30 minutes and fine tune in an hour and 15 and
charge accordingly.

William