[pianotech] Raising rates in recession

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Jul 4 08:18:55 MDT 2010

> You can start where every you wish with an ETD.

Yes, but with some, like the Verituner, it is highly advantageous to
start in the middle of the scale on a piano you do not have a saved
tuning for (see my last post to Susan).

> I love seeing how close I can get to "spot on" A440. (By that I mean
> a 0.1
> cent tolerance) in a single pass.

What on earth is that all about? 0.1 cents accuracy on a pitch
correction? On a final tuning pass? An how on earth do you measure
that? Most (if not all) strings will vary in pitch and least a few
tenths of a cent between the attack and decay - some, such as those
with false beats, will vary more than a cent.

Terry Farrell