[pianotech] Keydip on Steinway Pianos

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Jul 6 15:18:52 MDT 2010

I think it's just the bigger action with longer keys....mostly the longer
keys.  think of a teetertotter...the farther out you go, the less one has
to travel to get the same result at the other end of the event...

If you get into the nitty gritty on mm's I'll bet you get the best dip on
S closer to .390" and closer to .420 on concert grands....so aim for
inbetween depending on how long the keys are.

Just my geometry warped brain working at the end of my day....unless it's
not! (as Kent Webb says! :>)   ) I love his saying!!

Paul