[pianotech] Downbearing on RC&S designs back to the tail

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Thu Jul 8 19:58:01 MDT 2010

> Now pluck the front duplex in the capo section with the damper
> raised, and tell us what you hear.

I used the sustain pedal so all dampers were lifter.
I hear the sound of my fingernail on string as I used it for plucking. Also
I hear the sound of the note at the fundamental pitch, volume considerably
reduced compared with hammer blow and it sustains for about half the time,
possibly a bit longer as compared with a hammer blow.
Reasonably consistent across the capo sections.
Tried the same thing at the tenor agraffe section and it is the same.
Gene