[pianotech] Underlever Spring Tension Measurement

Joe DeFazio defaziomusic at verizon.net
Tue Jul 27 18:14:48 MDT 2010

Hi List (yes, after a long, drawn-out debate, your parents decided to rename you "List."  I'm sorry to have to be the one to break it to you....),

I am finishing up a Renner back action retrofit, and when I got to the spring regulation stage, I got the idea to try the following:

• Elevate the damper tray

• Carpet-tape a fin to my cheapie HF tenth-of-a gram scale (I always knew that the scale was dying to sport a slick, aerodynamic dorsal fin)

• Zero the scale

• Slide the scale fin under each underlever for measurement