[pianotech] Cheap Shot

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Mon Nov 1 17:21:43 MDT 2010

On 11/1/2010 3:31 PM, Joseph Garrett wrote:
> Susan,
> "My beef" is with your know it all attitude towards things you don't
> have a clue about. Have you looked at the chemical analysis sheets and
> indications of such? NO! You're just flapping your jaw w/o any
> evidence to support your absurd  allegations! I was the long time Beta
> Tester for the Acrilikey project You attributed his Hemophilia with
> his demise and the use of the Monomer! Apologize! And retract!
> (otherwise known as put up or shut up.<G>)This is the last the "list"
> will see of this.
> Joe

I considered the possibilities, Joe. My experience was with the smell of
the solvent, which seemed very potent (not to mention disagreeable.)
When Richard demonstrated it in Eugene, I managed to stay in the room
till the break, then fled, but I stayed till the break only from some
possibly misplaced sense of politeness. Knowing that Richard had used
the product a lot, as he developed it, demonstrated it, and used it to
repair keys, it seemed reasonable to wonder if it might have harmed his
health. I never said it DID, I wondered if it MIGHT HAVE.

If you have solid information, as you assert above, why not just reveal it?

So, what is that solvent? If you tell me, since you seem to know all
about it, I can look it up online and find out about it for myself.

Speaking only for myself, the solvent is why I won't use the product. I
assume this might have been true of other people, as well. (Surely I'm
not the only person sensitive to solvents?) If the solvent is a problem
for other people too, and the safety sheets deal with it, then it's best
we know about it. The product does a fine job of repairing chips otherwise.

If the list won't see any more of your flaming me about this, that is a
Good Thing.

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn