[pianotech] Ahhh, Piano talk at last! :>)

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Nov 2 14:45:53 MDT 2010

OK all junk aside from my and a lot of past posts...This is not OT!! :>)

I'm working on a Baldwin R from the 60's.  (pre hitch pin weird thing) Why
did they bury the bridge pins down so far?  To restring a piano on these
is a bear of a task!  Only 3-4 millemeters (or millemetres for you
northerners).  They give you nothing to grab when trying to pull the pins
out!  I have about 20 of these beasties at UNL and I hate them for
restringing or bridge fixing.

What have you done with these?

Thanks
Paul