[pianotech] Imagine

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Thu Nov 11 22:59:32 MST 2010

The best possible answer for whom? Certainly not for a customer
who cannot afford another piano, as many cannot these days.

What caused me to be perceived as professional for the first half
of my thirty+ year career was to do the work which my customers needed
to have done, at a price they could afford, offering non-shabby
long-lasting repairs to shabby instruments -- sometimes unreasonably shabby
instruments. <shudders slightly>

As the years passed more three-legged pianos showed up than before.
Then they got longer and longer and more and more slender, till I
hardly remembered the years up to my elbows in grime and moth
and mouse turds and old broken worn out actions and pedals --
but I don't regret them. Never that. I did some really neat work.

sssssssssssssssssssnnnn