[pianotech] Imagine

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Thu Nov 11 23:06:18 MST 2010

Wim I agree with some of this. Sometimes the piano requires expensive
repairs, and it is just not worth doing. The customer could buy
something better for less than the cost of repair. I would never do such
a repair.

Others are quite salvageable in minimal time, by thinking a little
outside the box and not giving up too soon. The repairs must be
effective, low-cost, and therefore to be low cost they must be fast but
still work and still last.

If the repairs can't be effective and low cost, and the piano is so
cheap or far gone than another better one could be bought at less than
the cost of repairs, then the customer needs to realize that nothing can
be done except moving on to a different piano. I've said that plenty of
times.

Susan