[pianotech] Noisey pedal bracket

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Sun Nov 14 16:37:15 MST 2010

In a message dated 11/12/2010 7:52:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,
piano57 at comcast.net writes:

Scratchy sound?  What part is doing it?

On Yamahas there is a nylon (or whatever it is) spacer/nut on the prop
under the pedal that can squawk.  No amount of lube will help.  You need to
detach the pedal from the bottom board, detach the pedal prop from the lever.
Put a leather punching--lubed with your favorite grease--between the nylon
nut and the pedal.  Reassemble.

That's the fix for that squeak.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois

Greetings,

        Thanks for this. I liberally used LOTS of wool grease in my Yami U3
pedal work, and every 3 months or so, it tracks and I have had to push it
back in place.

Julia Gottshall
PA