[pianotech] Dehumidifier rods

Tony Caught acaught at internode.on.net
Tue Nov 23 02:20:13 MST 2010

Hi Lim,
After working in Darwin for 2 decades I will say wrong wrong wrong. Anywere that there is high humidity there are also periods of low humidity. Both rods have been installed in "hopefully closed areas" and when the humidity drops down to say 40% you can assume that these rods are going to reduce the effective humidity level down to about 25% causing the action to become loose and the soundboard to dry out to lower than it should be. Even fitting a humidistat to near the soundboard will not stop the action from cooking. One way only to do it properly, full climate control system with under cover under the soundboard, keep thr lid closed and close the key fall when not in use.

Tony

Tony Caught
acaught at internode.on.net