[pianotech] Spinet damper flanges - I'll NEVER make THAT mistake again !!!!!

SooperTooner at aol.com SooperTooner at aol.com
Tue Nov 30 16:32:55 MST 2010

I recently replaced an entire set of damper flanges on a Baldwin spinet.
BIG MISTAKE. Obviously the new parts are just far enough different from the
original parts that the dampers won't work properly. Did I mention that
it's a spinet? You can't even see the flanges when the action is in the piano
because the hammer spring rail is in the way. Can anyone give me the proper
procedure for rough regulating the dampers OUT of the piano first and then
fine  regulating back in the piano? Thanks. Donn Young, RPT