[pianotech] Chico plays with an apple - video

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Oct 4 17:35:33 MDT 2010

On 10/4/2010 11:14 AM, Ryan Sowers wrote:
> I'm not so sure - I agree that it is obviously dubbed - or
> improperly synchronized, but watching Chico play he appears to be a real
> piano player. His hands have the look of a someone with monster piano
> technique, and knowing how incredibly talented those guys were, I have
> no problem believing that what we are hearing is his playing. He
> probably could have had a successful concert pianist career. But I think
> he had a whole lot more fun as a comedian!

Chico was the real deal. He was the oldest brother, and mom stood over
him with a sharpened hammer, or whatever he remembered as the
equivalent, and made him practice the piano instead of being out playing
cards and chasing girls. He worked up the schtick for his own
entertainment while he was putting in bench time.

Ron N