[pianotech] SHort lyre sticks

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 11 18:09:28 MST 2011

Hi, Joe!
Did somebody cut them short?
Just curious..
Did you snug the Lyre tight with a Rubber Mallet?
I think,Vertical Action Supports will not work for Steinway Sticks.
On a few occasions I had to make Upper Blocks a-la-Baldwin style,larger size and larger hole to accommodate Steinway square ends.
i like to install THIN Balance Felt Punchings with a little bit of glue on Both ends of Lyre Sticks.
Hope,I made myself clear.
Good luck!
Isaac Sadigursky-"Pedalsky"
los Angeles Chapter