[pianotech] sustain issue?

David Lawson dlawson at davidlawsonspianos.com.au
Sun Dec 18 19:44:03 MST 2011

Hi Marshall,

This can happen when the piano is moved on it's side. The top of the rod is not seated properly and holding all the dampers up. You will need to pull the action and re seat the rod and it will be all fine. Sometimes it can be done by wiggling the rod from below without pulling the action.

Regards
Alastair
David Lawson's Pianos
Australia