[pianotech] Salvaging Ye Olde Liste

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 20:20:11 MST 2011

Compared to some on this list, I'm a relative newcomer, to others I'm an
old hand ( others just delete everything I say but that's another post)
I haven't been active on this list lately, I have been completing my shop,
divesting myself of my old vehicle & finding a new(used) one all while
keeping up with my Christmas tunings, no mean feat let me tell you.
I had understood that this list was to expire earlier this month & was
surprised to find it still here!

*So let me put in my 2c worth for keeping it, I have a dedicated gmail
account for it & have had for over 3 years now, which means I have my own
archive of 10,591* postings!
*When I login all of the posts that have been made to the list are there
before me, with the person who posted & those who added to it listed
followed by the subject. I can scan down the list quickly looking for items
of specific interest ( I usually end up reading most of them)*
*The new MyPTG.org list isn't near as user friendly, I came to this list as
a user AND participant, I want to be able to learn & offer what knowledge I
can with ease NOT more difficulty for ME AND THE READER.*
*On this list we can discuss, give & take, almost in real time, I don't see
that EVER happening on the new list. Like anything, those who never knew
this list won't know the difference, however those of us who have used &
enjoyed it will NEVER find the same ease of use, freedom, time saving
quality in the new list that this one has afforded us.*

*Someone Else Said it but it bears repeating, if it ain't broke don't fix
it!*
*Mike*
--

I think we are a product of all our experiences.
Sanford I. Weill<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/s/sanfordiw283095.html>

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404