[pianotech] adjusting grand shift spring

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 29 09:24:28 MST 2011

Ryan & Al  said: "Ryan, you described the best design. It's just that
simple. Don't leave to much overhang, so you can get close to where it's
screwed to the case."

Al & Ryan,
The easiest way is take the spring out. Walk outside and place spring on
sidewalk. Stomp on that puppie! Pick it up and return to piano. Install
spring. Done.<G> (Of course, if the spring is not strong enough...that's
whole 'nuther story. I do have some new ones in my shop tho.<G>)
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I