[pianotech] Keyblock/frame bedding problem

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Fri Mar 4 04:49:32 MST 2011

Greetings,
  I wrote:   >> Then, place the stack on there and make sure all the cleats

are in contact with the feet of the stack.

Dave asks:
  What cleats?
That is what I have always called the part of the keyframe upon which rests the bracket feet of the stack.  Those
pieces of wood, often mahogany in Steinways, that always have a bunch of stripped holes, glued in toothpicks;
often sporting split wood after bigger screws are used,etc.
Ed