[pianotech] [CAUT] New Format--another irritant

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Mar 8 09:34:49 MST 2011

Something else that's irritating.  So far postings made the old way (via
email) get onto the new site with altered formatting.  For example, I posted
something that was somewhat lengthy and divided into several paragraphs
which I did by adding space between each paragraph (rather than indenting).
When it go to the new site the spaces were removed so that it appears as one
block of text.  Much less readable that way.  Perhaps this will not be a
problem once the email system is dropped but then it may not be a problem at
that point for other reasons, as in I won't be posting or reading at that
point.

Just going onto the site again, giving it another chance, I would really
like to like it, but I don't.  There's just nothing easy about it.  It's
confusing where things are, it's slow and ponderous.  FWIW I vote to keep
the email system running along side of it.  Let those who want to use the
site to navigate the lists or form groups, make their pianofacebook contacts
do so.  But leave an email delivery option for whichever lists one might
select.   In fact, why can't you have an email delivery and response option?
We are in the 21st century after all.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com