[pianotech] Email lists and Websites

david at piano.plus.com david at piano.plus.com
Wed Mar 9 08:04:57 MST 2011

I am one of the three active "owners" (administrators) of a LISTSERV list
for people with a health difficulty.  Traffic on that list is very much
less than it used to be (in itself an interesting phenomenon with a
variety of reasons behind it). Even it its former busy time, very little
was required in terms of administrative input once the LISTSERV list was
set up.

What I would hate, would be for our pianotech discussion facility to be
lost, due to low traffic on the new web-based Forum arising out of
difficulty in using it and this being misconstrued as lack of demand.

We are all busy people, and sometimes a topic briefly covered in here can
be missed.  Certainly if there was discussion in here of what contributors
would like for the future, I have missed it. It's odd, because I'd have
thought this would have been the most appropriate place for such a
discussion to take place, and I'd have thought such a discussion might be
quite extensive, before anything was implemented.

I do hope that the PTG is taking note of the current "consumer feedback"
and keeping it under active consideration.  It has been known for
manufacturers to introduce a new and "improved" version of a product, only
to discover that consumers don't like it and start writing to ask for the
return of the old one. Generally the manufacturer complies.

I would add that it is largely due to my positive experiences with this
list since 1997, that I eventually joined the PTG as an associate member.

Best regards,

David Boyce.