[pianotech] Email Lists and Websites

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Mar 9 10:05:01 MST 2011

On 3/9/2011 9:05 AM, Ron Berry wrote:
> PTG Store is at www.ptg.org <http://www.ptg.org> right under the login
> box is Shop Online

Ron,
Some questions, please.

Can the new system be configured to:
1. Include the email address of the poster in the "From" field? I
consider this to be important.
2. Accept postings to an email address (addresses) in the system so we
can all continue to read and post as usual so we can use our own editor
without having to fire up a browser and deal with the site?
3. Keep the attachment links inline with the messages in the on site
forum and whatever ends up serving as the archive (I hope).
4. Any chance of reassembling and making accessible all the old archives
with their accompanying attachments? Do the attachments still exist, and
the associations between attachments and posts?

This will let those of us who don't care to deal with Facebook.PTG.org
keep our simple and efficient (for us) approach, and still let the bells
and whistle folks have their fun too. Everyone can still win - maybe.

Oh, and I *REALLY* like the plaintext option on the site.

Also, and I've been asking for this for years, where is the write in
field in our "services" list for what we do that isn't included in the
simplistic multiple choice selection?
Ron N