[pianotech] give us instructions, was Re: New Format

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Wed Mar 9 18:29:50 MST 2011

So the piano has been delivered and the client is not happy with the new hammers. Luckily, we kept the old hammers, shanks and flanges and we can keep them until we figure out if there is a better solution for the client.

As much as I don't like the new concept, in this case, sometimes it's just a case of the client getting used to the new hammers.

To get a little technical here, I tell my clients up front that because the hammers were worn out, she wasn't hearing the real sound of the piano. But that after I rebuild the piano, the piano is going to sound different than what she was used to, and what she is hearing it is really the way the piano is supposed to sound like.

So back to this issue, perhaps what happened was that we weren't told ahead of time that there was a serious problem with the list serve, and that not only will the new format be different, but it will be the way it supposed to be done, and that we need to get used to it.

I would like Ron, Andrew, the HO, or someone, to post correct, easy to understand, step by step instructions, that computer illiterate people like me can understand, how the new system works, and how we can best navigate around the new format.

Wim