[pianotech] OT FOR SHAME! was: Email Lists and Websites

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu Mar 10 11:12:53 MST 2011

OK, now totally confused.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Ron Berry
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:00 AM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [pianotech] OT FOR SHAME! was: Email Lists and Websites

Ryan et al,

I will first take responsibility that I did not push Jim's experiment at
parallel  forum and email. Part of the reason for that is that I tend to
prefer the email system. I have to make a correction. Jim had this running
as a test list on his own server. It was not implemented on the PTG server.

We have left the listservs running and we may need them for other reasons as
well. That does not negate the need for my.ptg.org. There is lots of forum
software available but they don't integrate with with MemberMax data which
is now where all our Home Office records are. For pianotech and CAUT we
might be able to create forum and listserv.

I'm collaborating with the webteam which includes the board and staff to
give an explanation of what is trying to be accomplished with these changes.
Pianotech and CAUT are extremely important but they are not everything that
PTG does.

We will post that when we get it finished.

In the meantime go back to talking about pianos in either format. I will
create a group where we can collect improvement ideas to send on to Higher
Logic. Let's get this format discussion off of pianotech for now. I will let
you know when another group is ready

ron