[pianotech] queston about a piano

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Sun Mar 27 11:20:51 MDT 2011

Marshall ,
 The part is called a wind motor. Remove the screws holding those brackets at the top of the block and pivot the brackets back. Then on the right side of the motor feel for the sprocket and little chain and remove it from the sprocket.
Next , pull the motor toward you with your right hand while removing the hose from its pipe with the left hand.The hose might be petrified and not be easily removed so be careful. If it is a replacent hose it will flex easily and slide right off.
One tip ---  pull a temperment strip through the loops on your wire handled mutes . If they fall out of place whilst tuning they won't drop into never never land!
One more warning --- test the player before you do anything . It might be DOA before you start and that should be established before you jump in.
 Best wishes,
 Tom D.