[pianotech] Bass Key Slap

David Nereson da88ve at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 00:53:29 MDT 2011

    Or the left (bass) keyblock screw isn't tight, or the
keyframe guide pin hold-down is loose or isn't really holding
down the left end of the keyframe, thus allowing the end of the
keyframe to sit above the keybed a tiny bit, and slapping
against it when playing the lowest keys.  Also check the damper
upstop rail and the keystop rail for loose screws.
    --David Nereson, RPT