[pianotech] piano behavior

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 21 12:39:23 MST 2011

Hi Everyone,
I went to see the piano with the sticking key today a Primrose spinet made by Solmer.  Turns out it wasn't a sticking key at all.  Somehow the lifter wire and key decided to end their relation ship and go their seperate ways.  So I simply put the lifter wire back into the key.  The question is, how would that even yappen?  My customer said that her kids didn't open the piano.  I know I'm probably reaching here, but I'm just curious. If it's a stupid question, tell me gently  lol :-)  Do you guys remember the earth quake we had recently in Virginia?  We had some shaking here in PHilly, so could a little tremmor bump that lifter wire out of the hole and slot of the key?  Or was it just due to playing?  She said that they were on vacation all sumer, and it was like that when they came back, but I still have doubts.  What do you guys think.
Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com