[pianotech] Nasty screw

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Wed Oct 5 19:18:41 MDT 2011

C'mon Joe, don't you know that parts that have been corroded with salt air
can only be cleaned using a sponge taken from the sea within 2 miles of the
occurrence of the corrosion?  And then follow that up with a nice sea
cucumber masque and we're good to go.  ;-]

Anyone ever heard of a deburring wheel?  They are marvelous for removing
awful amounts of corrosion very quickly.  But use judiciously, they are on
the aggressive side.

http://www.bealltool.com/products/buffing/polishwheel.php

William R. Monroe