[pianotech] balance hole break-loose noise

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Mon Sep 5 11:54:57 MDT 2011

I'm told it works but haven't done it.  I like the reliability of the Onesti
system in that with care, it will absolutely maintain the position of the
balance rail hole.  Veneer shimming has more potential to relocate the hole.
 This certainly may be a case of using a microscope when a magnifier will
do, but.....   Also, veneer shimming won't address the sides of the hole.

William R. Monroe