[pianotech] More Dues Paying Fiasco (Sigh.......)

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Tue Feb 7 06:38:27 MST 2012

Why would they assume that I or anyone else would not pay before the
deadline?  (I think that you are presuming too much here on their behalf).
And you have the cart before the horse here.  I paid before the deadline,
and received an auto-generated confirmation a few minutes later, all before
midnight 1/31/12.  I did not receive the letter until 2/4/12, although I
understand it was mailed on 2/2, a day and a half after I received my auto
generated confirmation.  My argument is with the process itself, and perhaps
software that is insufficiently developed to smooth the human - computer
interaction.

And no, I have not contacted them, although I have made my payment.  It
remains my responsibility to do that (according to the letter I received)
and I will do that today.  Until I do that, I have been given no reason to
assume that the error has been caught on their part (despite the auto
generated confirmation of 1/31/12 and given that the letter contradicts the
confirmation of payment and explicitly tells me that the home office has not
received my payment), and especially considering HL's many foibles.

If you are going to criticize me, then at least give me the courtesy of
reading what I have written carefully.  Then your criticism would at least
have some possibility of being accurate.  And, as with all Blame the Victim

And it wasn't the 11th hour - it took from about 9 PM to roughly 10 PM to
complete the process.  J

Will Truitt