[pianotech] Another customer story

Paul Williams pwilliams4 at unl.edu
Thu May 10 13:41:33 MDT 2012

She must be an antique collector!  Of course with old furniture, the more original, the better.

How we are to better the world on the values of older pianos, I guess, is up to us.  Way too many people think this way toward pianos of a vintage era.  All we can do is to continue educating.

The only ancient pianos I can think of with great values are: Steinway #1 (the kitchen piano) currently at the Steinway factory showroom, and a few great pieces of  historical significance  in other venues and institutions who keep them on display…away from being played! One can't play a real Chistifori for example! (anyone able to touch one??)

Those old 'pianos'  are not worth much. 80-120+ year-old , nice English or French Armiors brought from the old country 100+  years ago and went in a covered wagon across the great plains or around the 'horn' in South America to San Fransico and still looks great! They're worth quite a bit. (BTW, I have one, if anyone is interested in buying…..)

I guess without our help, they'll never learn!

Paul