[pianotech] Cartoons (was Curiously Curvaceous repetition lever)

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Tue Sep 25 14:32:46 MDT 2012

> And, Dear Sir, I regret to inform you that you have conflated 2
> American classic cartoons: the "Tom and Jerry" cartoon (MGM) featuring
> H.R. #2, and the "Bugs Bunny" cartoon (Warner Brothers) also featuring
> this great Liszt piece. Please be aware that we take our cartoons very
> seriously, here!!!
Oh I assure you gentle sir, verily, that I conflate nothing!  We take
our cartoons seriously here too!  I shared an office for years with my
colleague Martin who teaches animation.

I am aware of both the Tom & Jerry and the Bugs Bunny animations.  In
the latter, Bugs Bunny has competition from a little mouse inside the
piano, who in fact ends up finishing the piece on a tiny piano of his
own. En route, a trill becomes the phone ringing, the aria "Figaro"
emerges, and there is a boogie wooogie interlude. The mouse, who doesn't
speak, also has a little flute.

Best regards,

David.