recital piano usage

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Fri Jul 28 09:21 MDT 2000

Hi Mark,

Two upgrade that will insure the DC system is plugged in at all times, one
leas easy but very cheap, and one expense but easy and wonderful.

A. not easy, but cheap.

Acquire an emergency flashlight intended to be plugged into the wall
(Canadian tire has them). Go to Radio Shack and get a 3 volt buzzer.
Replace the bulb with the buzzer (soldering required), then plug the
modified flashlight into a current tap (or easy outlet) fastened to the
power supply cord for the humidistat. Result? Piano will buzz loudly for as
long as the battery lasts--about 20 to 30 minutes, and will stop as soon as
power is back.

B. easier, better but not cheap.

Acquire an uninterruptible power supply from Office Depot or similar.
Choose one that beeps every 15 seconds (they all do in my experience). Plug
the humidistat into the power supply and the power supply into the wall.
Result? piano will beep until plugged back in and can in humidifying mode
be *unplugged* for an hour or more (18 watts drain for an 8 part system--so
assuming a 150 watt ups 6 hours *down* time). Of course in dehumidifying
mode that would be much reduced.

In either scenario the piano will not really be useful for recital
purposes. Best of luck!

At 08:41 AM 07/28/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>On the other hand, when I came here (2 years ago) there was a dampp-chaser
>in our recital "D," but it was and wasn't being kept plugged-in.  Although

drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.htmlplanet.com/

3004 Grant Rd.
REGINA, SK