Stanwood's method

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Wed Aug 21 10:15 MDT 2002

List,

OK, here we go. People always say the only stupid question is an
unasked one, so here's my first not-stupid question. :-)

I think I understand how to do the individual key and shank/flange/
hammer measuring but what do I need to do about the verdigris when
doing down & upweight measurements? Wouldn't I need to try and
clean and repin before I do those?

Or can I do just certain of the other measurements in order to
determine which parts to order and then do the whole process?

Or should I just call Bob at Pianotek and ask him what to do in
relation to ordering parts? Of course, then I might feel obligated
to order there. :-)

It seems that I need to have the actual parts I'm going to use
before all of this can be done. Am I correct?

This is my first part of not understanding. I'm not very
mathematically inclined so I'm still at the point of my "eyes
glazing over" when I'm trying to wade through this and understand
it. :-)

Any advice appreciated.

Regards,
Avery