Recording Fees?

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Wed Aug 28 13:28 MDT 2002

Typically when these events involve our faculty on campus I tend to just do
them, but they also understand it is above and beyond.   Starting this new
year we are finally setting a new policy to charge for any requests (tuning
or loaners) that are non-music department functions.   Ultimately that issue
probably depends on how much time you are talking about.  There is obviously
a limit to the amount of your time the department can make available for
these private jobs, even if it is the faculty.  After all, these recordings
are usually an investment they hope to make some return on.  If it is not
the faculty- no question there- that is a private arrangement which you can
do after hours.

Dennis.