Floating pitch

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Wed Aug 28 14:25 MDT 2002

>On 8/28/02 12:58 PM, "Wimblees@aol.com" <Wimblees@aol.com> wrote:
>
>  > With all due respect to Kent, I wholeheartedly disagree with
>floating pitch.
>
>...Pitch floating makes sense; hold out as
>long as you like, but you're going to like it when you finally try it!  :)...
>Kent Swafford

Wim, Kent, List,

I used to be hardcore about that A440 thing in my earlier years. Yep,
I surely did. Now not so. Looking back it really never was, and still
isn't, the beneficial thing to do. Twenty-three (23) years visiting
many of the same pianos a minimum of twice a year has been my mentor.

A little floating goes a long ways ... for all concerned!

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern, RPT
Oklahoma Baptist University
Saint Gregory's University