Floating pitch

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Wed Aug 28 17:05 MDT 2002

At 02:14 PM 8/28/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>On 8/28/02 12:58 PM, "Wimblees@aol.com" <Wimblees@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > With all due respect to Kent, I wholeheartedly disagree with floating
> pitch.
>
>Here David has finally tried a technique that results in measurably better,
>more stable tunings, and you, just in your 2nd year as a CAUT, try to
>introduce doubts. Shame on you, Wim. Pitch floating makes sense; hold out as
>long as you like, but you're going to like it when you finally try it!  :)
>
>Congratulations, David. Hang in there.
>
>Kent Swafford

I'd stress myself more than the school budget if I tried to maintain 440.

No one complains if the pianos are sharp but everyone does if they're flat.

They're about +20c now and will drop to pitch or -10c by the next tuning
allowed during the Christmas vacation.

Ambition is a good thing but it has a way of catching up to you.

Jon Page