Are all students this stupid?

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:09:43 -0600

>If I only learned one thing from teaching it is that, if there is the
>LEAST bit of ambiguity in a question, the students will find it, grab it
>and use it to try to justify ANY answer as being correct.

As a former inmate, er, student, I found altogether too many questions that
required reading the teacher's mind as to which of the many possible
implications might be the "right" answer to the many ill conceived and
poorly worded questions. If the "right" answer is rationally and reasonably
arguable, it's not a good question in the first place. Give the teacher a C-.

Ron N